When you contact a painting contractor and invite them into your home or commercial property, what do you know about them? However this happens every day nationwide. It’s common that the property owner shows a complete stranger everything including telling the time they are home. Who are these contractors? Are they trustworthy and reputable or did they just get out of jail for burglary?
Here are 10 tips that will help you find the right one for you.
- License – Ask about licensing. If they don’t have one, you should be wary.
- References – It’s worth taking the time to call references. You might be surprised what you hear.
- Insurance – If they are not insured properly, you are at risk in event of an injury.
- Employees – Are they trained and experienced? Are they legal, do they have a criminal or drugs in background?
- Portfolio – Take a look at previous jobs in their portfolio. Do they have experience?
- Quotes – All quotes should be in writing.
- Materials – Have the products used specified. Get what you pay for.
- Timing – Get an estimate of start and completion time.
- Contracts – Every project is a contractual obligation. It’s an exchange of service for money.
- Punctual – Finally, make sure the contractor is on time. If late for first meeting that is a red flag.