Smith & Company Painting recently completed a multi-step custom stained cabinets project for a client in Amity, Oregon. The client had a clear vision in mind: they wanted their kitchen cabinets to precisely match a picture they found in a magazine. Our skilled team went through several sample doors to achieve the perfect match, and the results were nothing short of stunning.
Achieving the Perfect Magazine-Inspired Look with Precision and Expertise: Smith & Company Painting Custom Stained Cabinets Case Study
- Project Location: Amity, Oregon
- Client’s Request: Recreate the exact look of a magazine picture, with custom-matched stain and glaze colors on their kitchen cabinets.
- Products Used: Cloverdale Wood Coatings, Wipe Stain, Sealer, Glaze, Conversion Varnish
- Project Scope: Recreating a Magazine Picture for a Dream Kitchen
- Time to Complete: The entire project was completed within two weeks, demonstrating Smith & Company Painting’s commitment to efficient and high-quality work.
Pre-Project Consultation: Expanding the Client’s Vision
Before starting the project, our team at Smith & Company Painting engaged in detailed consultations with the client to ensure that we fully understood their vision and expectations. We discussed the specific color tones, textures, and finishes they desired, and collaborated with them to determine the most suitable materials and techniques to achieve their dream kitchen. This personalized approach enabled us to create a detailed project plan that aligned with the client’s goals and ensured their satisfaction throughout the entire process.
Mastering Color Matching: The Key to Achieving the Perfect Look
One of the most critical aspects of this project was matching the colors and finishes of the client’s chosen magazine picture. Our team meticulously studied the picture, analyzed the color tones, and worked with Cloverdale Wood Coatings to custom-match the stain and glaze colors. We developed several sample doors to fine-tune the color and finish and presented them to the client for approval. This iterative process ensured that we perfectly matched the desired look and delivered the stunning result the client desired.
The Process: A Multi-Step Approach to Delivering the Perfect Custom Stained Cabinets
- Pre-Sanding: To ensure a smooth and even surface, our team started with new cabinets and pre-sanded them to 220 grit.
- Wipe Stain Application: Our skilled craftsmen applied the custom-matched wipe stain, ensuring the desired color was achieved.
- Sealer Application: A sealer was applied to preserve the stain and prepare the cabinets for the glazing process.
- Wiping Glaze: Our team meticulously applied the wiping glaze, creating the desired effect that the client envisioned from the magazine picture.
- Clear Conversion Varnish: To finish the project, our team applied two coats of clear conversion varnish, ensuring long-lasting durability and a professional, glossy finish.
Client Satisfaction: Building Trust and Long-Term Relationships